Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Comment on Power


I've had a couple of comments on the previous entry - please do read the one attached. At the PCC one member had information from the green electricity website which he said gave details of Ecotricity's New Energy Plus sources of power. This listed 18.3% coal and 18% nuclear among others which was rather a shock to me and inevitably undermined the case I was making to change to this company.
Following the comments to the blog entry I have checked up the website and found that this table of sources actually refers to all of Ecotricity's power sources, not just New Energy Plus which is indeed sourced 100% from its windfarms and other renewable sources that they have bought. It's an easy mistake to make given the website layout but I apologise to Ecotricity for failing to check this out in more detail earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment