Tuesday, June 20, 2023

School Fair and Churches Count on Nature

Last Friday was St John's school summer fair and we again ran an EcoChurch stall. 


This time we had plants for sale, courtesy of Lawrence (plus some extra sunflowers that had germinated in the pots children's church planted. Richard C re-potted these for me while I made a mad return cycle ride home at 3.30 on discovering I was missing all the prizes. Had I been in a car I would never have made it back in time through the school pick-up traffic!). We also had two games - one downloaded from the Climate Stewards' website which was a real eye-opener; and one involving a bran tub of jenga bricks with names of plants and animals on - the children had to draw one and then match it to a Wild Cards image in order to win a sticker (appropriately themed with wildflowers or eco messages). We had a lot of takers for the games which was great.

This Sunday I took the children out for our first ever 'Churches Count on Nature' - inevitably it was pretty small scale (and I'll add a few extra creatures spotted during the previous couple of weeks). The duck was of course our star find and there were some lovely damselflies. We also ended up picking a good bowl of strawberries.



No comments:

Post a Comment